Brake Squeal update

Talk about anything here...

Brake Squeal update

Postby Tommyzoom » Fri May 10, 2013 12:02 pm

I have emailed Audi UK AGAIN.
RECEIVED THIS REPLY THIS MORNING:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with regards to your RS3.

We have released a product improvement for the RS3 which involves a modification to the braking system, however we are in the process of securing the relevant parts. We anticipate that they will become available within a couple of weeks and once this has been confirmed I'll be happy to arrange for your vehicle to be a priority. :P :P
Tommyzoom

Re: Brake Squeal update

Postby Knobby » Sat May 11, 2013 7:06 am

Sweet. Must get mine booked in soon.

Are yours really bad?
Knobby
Site Owner

Postby Tommyzoom » Mon May 13, 2013 10:00 am

Yes really loud...its embarrassing to drive :oops:
Hopefully sorted soon
Tommyzoom

Postby RS3Shuk » Fri May 17, 2013 9:14 pm

Called Guildford Audi today. They had told me a week ago that they could not order the parts until the 17th. Today they said they still could not order the parts and would get back to me on Monday. I know this is complete rubbish given the stories of people now being called in for the brake fix in numbers now. Just didn't have the time or the energy to argue it out on the phone at the time.

Rattle they could not fix, rubbing sound on the fronts that ended up being the disc and caliper rubbing (3 days to diagnose), replaced a tyre due to getting a puncture with them and now the steering vibrates over 75mph (on private roads) and of course the complete confusion over the brake kit replacement.

Having had many BMWs and the odd Merc/Lexus over the years I have to say this kind of service is seriously average in comparison.

They better hope my mood on Monday is half decent because someone is going to wish they never dialled my mobile.
RS3Shuk

Return to General