Number Plates Surrounds

Talk about anything here...

Number Plates Surrounds

Postby Misano147 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm considering purchasing this item and would appreciate some technical advice - hate advertising for my dealership.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-INGOLSTA ... 0850965983

My questions are, how easy is it to remove the standard number plate surround? This is what I have at the moment (at the dealership)

Is it just attached to the backing panel by that center screw? assuming that the holes either side are to fix a number plate. Are there any clips to remove which are holding the surround to the grill? Not sure if its possible to fit these due to the curvature of the front grill.

Rear is obviously straight forward.

Also, any recomendations for decent tax disc holders - the ones that stick to the windscreen lol.

cheers for looking guys and any input would be much appreciated.
Misano147

Re: Number Plates Surrounds

Postby sticks » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:33 pm

hi m8, really easy to remove, the 2 recessed holes have a screws in, just undo 2 front and 2 back and their gone,

do the reverse with the ones on ebay i.e use the screws you removed from old ones and use same holes on car , use your old holders to mark holes for your new holders to attatch to the car ,put your plate on , job done

if you really cant use the same holes for some reason use a small boat level to make sure your plate will be straight ,
sticks

Postby Misano147 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:43 am

Thanks for the info sticks.

So just to confirm - I shouldn't have to make any further holes anywhere so that the edge of the surround can be attched so that it can follow the curve/contour of the grill. Hope I've explained myself there i.e . the surround is flush with the grill along its entire length. I'm assuming these surrounds have a bit of flex in them to allow this?
Misano147

Postby sticks » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:51 pm

hi, hopfully not but its down to the holders your buying , untill you get them its hard to say .
worst ways fit as i instructed and put an small 1'' screw eaither end of the holder so it bends to the correct angle

give us a shout when they arrive
sticks

Return to General