The Misses Vs RS3...

Talk about anything here...

The Misses Vs RS3...

Postby Knobby » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 am

So I thought I'd finally made the swop and was back in my daily diesel runner, had been in it for over a week and resisted the urge to take the RS3 into work.

When....

I get a call from the misses in a right panic, she's pulled over as the cars doing crazy things so she says. She asked me to meet her in down the road from where she works to swop cars. I ask what's wrong and she said it was feeling really weird, she had pulled out of her industrial estate and the traction control light had flashed lots, and it had them remained flashing on and off as she travelled about a mile up the road. She said the car was also surging and pulling around in different directions and she didn't feel in control.

WTF.....

My first thought was she's left it in sport mode (she never uses sport mode, I told her it means STOP). But she'd have to be driving like a right nutter to be getting that sort of traction issue. My second thought was a puncture.

Well went to meet her and checked the tyres, they were all fine, jumped in and drove off and the car was perfect, no issue at all. I'm now thinking was there diesel on the road and has she slipped on this? Or has the car thrown a fit and once stopped/started its back to normal. The road she drives on is quite bad and dumpy in places and I know the traction control can kick off but not constantly flashing.

I've been driving it daily ever since and it's perfect!

Your thoughts?
Knobby
Site Owner

Re: The Misses Vs RS3...

Postby Macdaddy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 am

I have to agree it sounds like she's hit a little diesel! If youve never experienced the traction kicking in fully the it would come across daunting to the average person.

Or perhaps she's given it some welly and scared herself :lol:
Macdaddy
Site Admin

Postby Carrg » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:28 am

Seems odd. Never had that...

Dont let her near it again!

Think my wife has sat in mine about three times in the last nine months and would never drive it.
Ibis RS3 - Bose - Buckets - Black Ed - Privacy
VW California "Candy"!
Carrg

Postby SteveCuz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:34 am

I love my wife but she gets nowhere near my cars ;-)

Steve
2011 Audi RS3 Daytona Grey | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant Black
SteveCuz

Postby nicholas » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:59 pm

It happens on bumby roads, had the same with TTRS. Next day it's normal again.
nicholas

Postby APM » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 pm

:roll: the rs3 is my wifes,but she does let me drive it :lol:
APM

Postby Knobby » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:49 am

Very strange. Will keep an eye on it.

She drives my fun car as she does hardly any miles and I use my oil burner everyday. I only do about 40 miles a day but they are very dull miles sat at 50 on country roads with no opportunities to over take.

I like keeping the RS3 for weekends and evenings. She's a good little driver just doesn't understand how they work sometimes.
Knobby
Site Owner

Postby RYes3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:02 pm

SteveCuz wrote:I love my wife but she gets nowhere near my cars ;-)

Steve

We need a like button on here lol!
2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass
RYes3

Return to General